You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T iphone Messages containing the #1 are not being sent to non-iphone

An AT&T user with an iphone cannot send a message containing the number 1 to a non-iphone user.

At work, we use a third party messaging/notification tool. Every morning we have to text a number to this third party app to indicate where we are for the day (1 = At work, 2=Telework, 3=sick, etc...). On Wednesday, texting the number 1 stopped working for at&t users. All other numbers (2,3,4,5,6,7) continue to work.

To further test this, I texted my Android friend the number 1 and she did not get the text.

This is not just happening to me. This is happening to everyone I work with and many of my friends that I tested with.

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 6:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 10:11 AM

Jackson-NJ wrote:

An AT&T user with an iphone cannot send a message containing the number 1 to a non-iphone user.
At work, we use a third party messaging/notification tool. Every morning we have to text a number to this third party app to indicate where we are for the day (1 = At work, 2=Telework, 3=sick, etc...). On Wednesday, texting the number 1 stopped working for at&t users. All other numbers (2,3,4,5,6,7) continue to work.
To further test this, I texted my Android friend the number 1 and she did not get the text.
This is not just happening to me. This is happening to everyone I work with and many of my friends that I tested with.

Report the issue to AT&T, SMS is their feature.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2023 10:11 AM in response to Jackson-NJ

Jackson-NJ wrote:

Report the issue to AT&T, SMS is their feature.

AT&T iphone Messages containing the #1 are not being sent to non-iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.