You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tidal Music App keeps constantly partially downloading videos??!

So I got a “free” trial from Tidal. I paid $2 for a extra free month and HiFi. Well I only noticed this 2 days after I downloaded the TIDAL app.

The app itself is forcing videos to be partially downloaded to my iPhones memory. I’ve seen others have this same issue…. from half a year ago!! And I don’t see a fix. So I’m asking what is causing this and how do I stop it?? Because tbh the first time I found out the app was at 6GB and 500+ files were partially downloaded. And guess what I had to manually delete….every…..single…..one of them!!! 2 hours of my life gone!! And since I’ve had to constantly delete files so it doesn’t fill up again.

Can I fix this or does the devs have too?? Cause if it’s the devs I will delete the app and go back to Apple Music. And Apple needs to make them fix this issue or delete the app off the app market place. For the fact it’s a major bug and since then my phone has been crashing a lot as well. Please help me!!??

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 12:55 PM

Hello TwistedSpartan0623,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. There are troubleshooting steps available that may help for this particular issue. Our recommendation is to follow these steps:

1. Close and reopen the app
Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

2. Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

3. Check for updates
To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

4. Delete the app, then redownload it
Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

These steps are outlined in this helpful article: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, we suggest contacting the app developer. They can review this further for you. Here's how to contact an app developer: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2023 12:55 PM in response to TwistedSpartan0623

Hello TwistedSpartan0623,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. There are troubleshooting steps available that may help for this particular issue. Our recommendation is to follow these steps:

1. Close and reopen the app
Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

2. Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

3. Check for updates
To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

4. Delete the app, then redownload it
Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

These steps are outlined in this helpful article: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, we suggest contacting the app developer. They can review this further for you. Here's how to contact an app developer: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Tidal Music App keeps constantly partially downloading videos??!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.