Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come my iPad keeps saying not compatible with this device when I try to download an app

How come when I try to download an app on my iPod or iPad it says not compatible with this device

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 9:24 AM

Perhaps your iPod or iPad have not, themselves, been updated to the minimum version of iOS/iPadOS that the App requires.

You will need to verify the minimum iOS/iPadOS version required by the App in the App Store (this being shown for every available App - you’ll find a drop-list). If your devices can be updated to meet the minimum requirements for the App, you should be able to install the App.

If your devices are too old - and do not support more recent versions of iOS/iPadOS, your only option is to replace the device with a much newer model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 9:24 AM in response to amandarodney

Perhaps your iPod or iPad have not, themselves, been updated to the minimum version of iOS/iPadOS that the App requires.

You will need to verify the minimum iOS/iPadOS version required by the App in the App Store (this being shown for every available App - you’ll find a drop-list). If your devices can be updated to meet the minimum requirements for the App, you should be able to install the App.

If your devices are too old - and do not support more recent versions of iOS/iPadOS, your only option is to replace the device with a much newer model.

How come my iPad keeps saying not compatible with this device when I try to download an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.