Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeform won't sync

I've recently updated both my iPhone and my MacBook to the latest operating systems and just started trying out Freeform, but it just won't sync. Yes, I have both set to sync with iCloud per the instructions. Everything is set the way it should be set, but it just won't sync.

I've tried deleting the app on both devices and reinstalling, and I've tried turning off settings and turning them back on. All that ever does is delete whatever boards I've created.

I've searched the problem and clearly am not alone. The only advice I've found is to do what I've already done. Is this just something that I'll need to wait for an update to see it actually work.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 4:38 AM

Hi Mario - I've lost a lot of work this morning due to this issue. Freeform wouldn't sync and I was concerned the document wasn't saved so I toggled Freeform sync off and on again. My document disappeared instantly and I cannot find it anywhere. This issue seems to persist on my MacBook, my iPad doesn't seem to have this issue. Can you help me with getting my work back? Can we stop this issue occurring in future - if this persists Freeform isn't a trustable or viable tool for me which is a shame as it's pretty useful.

Thanks

AJ

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 4:38 AM in response to mario49

Hi Mario - I've lost a lot of work this morning due to this issue. Freeform wouldn't sync and I was concerned the document wasn't saved so I toggled Freeform sync off and on again. My document disappeared instantly and I cannot find it anywhere. This issue seems to persist on my MacBook, my iPad doesn't seem to have this issue. Can you help me with getting my work back? Can we stop this issue occurring in future - if this persists Freeform isn't a trustable or viable tool for me which is a shame as it's pretty useful.

Thanks

AJ

Freeform won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.