You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move an album into a folder?

i followed Apple support instructions and created a folder named travel. Now I want to move my traveI albums (Africa, Thailand, etc ) into the travel folder. I found this question but no one has answered it. The album will NOT move into the folder.

I have read this:

To rearrange your albums:

1. Go to Albums, tap See All, then tap Edit.
  2. Touch and hold an album and drag it anywhere you want.
  3. Tap Done.

-> but how can I move the album under the folder?

I have moved them back and forth and they just cannot get inside the folder...

The only way I can do is create a new album inside the folder, copy all the photos. and delete the old album...

It's not so intuitive and I think it's not the correct way to do so.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:26 PM

Thanks. That’s what I needed to know. I don’t have a Mac so guess I’ll just stick with albums on my iPhone. Would have been nice if Apple specified it only works on a Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 16, 2023 12:52 PM in response to Nan47

You have to create the albums right in the folder where you want it. You can rearrange albums in a folder but not move them to a folder on an iPhone.

That is why I am creating my albums on my Mac, where I can rearrange them freely and drag them between folders, then sync the nested folders and albums with iCloud Photos to my iPhone. It is much easier on a Mac than on an iPhone. On your iPhone you would need to create a new album inside the folder where you want to move the album to, then add the photos to the new album and delete the old album.

How to move an album into a folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.