Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to login but I NO LONGER have the same phone number that is associated with my account 😬

I had logged out of my account trying to let my fiancé put in his info to try to locate his phone he had lost, after we found his phone logged him out and tried to log my self back, I know my email and the password to log in my account but everytime I try logging in it wants to send a verification code to the phone number associated with my account but problem is I DONT have Access to that number anymore, it doesn’t give me an option to answer security questions or nothing else and I can’t even login to my wallet and cancel subscriptions that keep coming out of my account and I don’t know which accounts I need to cancel because it only shows up as Apple Pay in my bank account history… I’m even using the same phone that originally was associated with that account.. is it possible to contact Apple personally or a email I can talk to actual support and verify my account so I can get back into my account and I could then update my phone number….

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 4:35 AM

Hello,

What you are seeing is discussed in this Apple article: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

With two-factor authentication you may need to verify your identity using a trusted device generating a verification code when trying to conduct certain activities. If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. Enter the telephone number as requested by the hint.

The article also describes other ways to verify with a trusted device or an Account Recovery Contact.

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

To edit your list of trusted items go to the section: About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices in the document Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers:

- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

- On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

- In a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com/

Incidentally, all this could have been avoided if your fiance had used a web browser to go to https://www.icloud.com/find

or if you had a Family Sharing group set up as outlined in Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 4:35 AM in response to AggravatedBecky

Hello,

What you are seeing is discussed in this Apple article: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

With two-factor authentication you may need to verify your identity using a trusted device generating a verification code when trying to conduct certain activities. If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. Enter the telephone number as requested by the hint.

The article also describes other ways to verify with a trusted device or an Account Recovery Contact.

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

To edit your list of trusted items go to the section: About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices in the document Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers:

- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

- On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

- In a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com/

Incidentally, all this could have been avoided if your fiance had used a web browser to go to https://www.icloud.com/find

or if you had a Family Sharing group set up as outlined in Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

I’m trying to login but I NO LONGER have the same phone number that is associated with my account 😬

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.