Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iOS 17 changed my banking features

Last night, around 11pm EST, I went to update my iPad. After the successful update, I wanted to access my Capital One (C1) account. It includes my checking account and few credit cards. I couldn’t get through. Each time I was prompted to the verification page at C1, asking for my phone number to receive a code. Each time it didn’t go through, with same message “We hit a snag. Please try later”. Today same thing. I called the C1, explained that I can’t access my account, and been told it was because I have reached the maximum amount of attempts, precisely, a maximum amount of codes sent by C1. Strange, because I never ever - in order to access my account- had to receive a code first. Touch ID and voilà. I have never opted for the verification code option. Furthermore, to make the situation more complicated, the C1 rep, Stephanie, told me that I need to wait 24 hours from the last attempt and then to try again. I asked her why wait, why not fix it now. No, we can’t do anything, she said, and added that she can’t pull out my account or do troubleshooting until after 24 hours from the last trying, which will be tomorrow around 12:18pm. On the end of our conversation, she askd me if I changed anything before last night. I said nothing…except for the update. And then we both agreed that that’s why. All this means that the Apple update, iOS #17 made a change to my Capital One account. No need to say it was without my authorization and without my knowledge. 

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 9:37 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Nov 19, 2023 9:44 PM in response to alexbrklyn1

alexbrklyn1 Said:

"iOS 17 changed my banking features: [...]Each time I was prompted to the verification page at C1, asking for my phone number to receive a code. Each time it didn’t go through, with same message “We hit a snag. Please try later”. Today same thing"

-------

Troubleshooting Capital One Errors After an Update:

Excellent job troubleshooting this with Capital one

Where to go from here...

A. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

B. For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait:
  • Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jan 14, 2024 6:43 AM in response to alexbrklyn1

IOS 17 DID do that! I have a PNC acct, and have made no changes to it for 2 yrs. After the update last nite I tried to access it this morning to check on a transaction and found my auto username/password was changed back to the one I use 2 yrs ago. When I entered in the correct username/password instead, it didn’t recognize and now I can’t access my bank acct!! … It is a bug in the update and Irritating… now I can’t access my own bank acct and hav to take personal time to address with the bank to get it fixed!

Apr 10, 2024 2:22 AM in response to eugenia221

eugenia221 Said:

I also am having issues with my Capital one acct, so I called cap1 they said it was because of the iOS update. They are blaming Apple.

———-

Provide More:

So, what is it about the update that they are saying is getting in the way here?

Can you provide a screenshot? IMPORTANT: Blank out personal info (i.e. names me numbers) by covering it with red-colored rectangles and such, though use of the Photos app. Just capture the portion of the screen that is shows this error message. See here: Take a Screenshot on iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 19, 2023 10:14 PM in response to alexbrklyn1

alexbrklyn1 Said:

"What Capital One has to do with the iOS update? The update caused the issue that blocked access to my COne account. It has activated the verification code feature."

-------

Why to Install an Update:

Updates contain bug fixes and new features. So, alway keep your devices up-to-date. It may be an operability issue that was addressed and fixed.

Nov 19, 2023 10:44 PM in response to alexbrklyn1

The iOS update didn’t do that. Chances are you did the most recent Capital One app update also. But even if you didn’t occasionally they will want to verify you are indeed who you are. You can set your mind at ease though by contacting Capital One and asking them about it. Also, you can log into the app, go to the Profile tab, click on Security, click on Mobile App Verification and toggle off the option if it is toggled on. Also click on the link under it that says Learn About Mobile App Verification. Of course you would have to wait until you are able to gain access to it again.

There is also the very real possibility that someone else (stranger or someone you know) managed to access your account or attempt to which could explain the numerous code attempts. Odd that the agent you spoke with claimed they couldn’t access your account. Assuming you were speaking to the correct department that shouldn’t be the case. Your account isn’t frozen unless a fraud alert was triggered. Your online access is though.

iOS 17 changed my banking features

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.