Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have four devices authorized, iTunes will not allow me to authorize a PC so I can download my purchases...keep getting error messages, You cannot authorize more than 5 computers...

authorization issues, how to proceed if the standard recipe is not working?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 2:08 PM

Did you try "Deauthorize All"? See the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

(Note that you will only need to authorize computers, not iPhones or iPads)

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 2:08 PM in response to 2formore

Did you try "Deauthorize All"? See the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

(Note that you will only need to authorize computers, not iPhones or iPads)

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

I have four devices authorized, iTunes will not allow me to authorize a PC so I can download my purchases...keep getting error messages, You cannot authorize more than 5 computers...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.