Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not downloading

I have music on my phone from my laptop not Apple Music subscription and when I add it to my watch in the section with playlists it’s just loads then disappears and doesn’t go onto my watch then I have to add the album again and it fails again rarely it will work with a album but not all the songs

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 11:15 AM

Hi there AppletheGOAT,

You'll want to be sure you're following the steps below to add your music to your Apple Watch:

How to sync music to your Apple Watch
1. Set your Apple Watch on its charger. Make sure that it's charging and that your iPhone is within range of your watch.
2. On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
4. Scroll to Music and tap it. 
5. Tap Add Music, then find the song or album that you want to sync.
6. Tap the Add button  next to the music that you want to sync. If you can't add specific albums or playlists, try downloading them to your iPhone before you sync with your watch.

You'll find this information here: Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you're following those steps and it's still not working, we'd suggest making sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are both running the latest software versions. For your iPhone, it's iOS 16.2 and for your Apple Watch, it's watchOS 9.2. You can check the currently installed software versions on both devices by going to Settings > General > About. Learn more about updating your iPhone and Apple Watch from the links below:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists beyond that, you may want to try syncing your music to your iPhone again, then attempt to add it to your watch again. This link provides instructions if needed: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

For more help, reaching out to Apple Support directly is the next best steps. They're better-suited to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 11:15 AM in response to AppletheGOAT

Hi there AppletheGOAT,

You'll want to be sure you're following the steps below to add your music to your Apple Watch:

How to sync music to your Apple Watch
1. Set your Apple Watch on its charger. Make sure that it's charging and that your iPhone is within range of your watch.
2. On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
4. Scroll to Music and tap it. 
5. Tap Add Music, then find the song or album that you want to sync.
6. Tap the Add button  next to the music that you want to sync. If you can't add specific albums or playlists, try downloading them to your iPhone before you sync with your watch.

You'll find this information here: Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you're following those steps and it's still not working, we'd suggest making sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are both running the latest software versions. For your iPhone, it's iOS 16.2 and for your Apple Watch, it's watchOS 9.2. You can check the currently installed software versions on both devices by going to Settings > General > About. Learn more about updating your iPhone and Apple Watch from the links below:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists beyond that, you may want to try syncing your music to your iPhone again, then attempt to add it to your watch again. This link provides instructions if needed: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

For more help, reaching out to Apple Support directly is the next best steps. They're better-suited to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

Music not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.