Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match

I subscribed to iTunes Match for a few years to ensure that I could add music to my iPad and iPhone that I had burned from CDs onto my MacAir. All of that burned content is now on my devices and I no longer use that method to purchase music - I purchase tracks from the iTunes Store. Do I need to continue my iTunes Match subscription? I don’t subscribe to Apple Music.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 6:49 AM

iTunes Match is a library syncing service. Changes you make in one place, a metadata edit, or a new playlist for example, will update to any other device signed into your iCloud Music Library. If you no longer need that then you can sync your devices with your iTunes or Music library when you need to carry over any changes. You will lose access to any non-purchased content that is currently in the cloud when you turn off Sync Library aka iCloud Music Library so make sure that everything is downloaded to your main library. New purchases will automatically show up in any computer or iOS library where you are signed into your Apple ID.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 6:49 AM in response to Towerspace

iTunes Match is a library syncing service. Changes you make in one place, a metadata edit, or a new playlist for example, will update to any other device signed into your iCloud Music Library. If you no longer need that then you can sync your devices with your iTunes or Music library when you need to carry over any changes. You will lose access to any non-purchased content that is currently in the cloud when you turn off Sync Library aka iCloud Music Library so make sure that everything is downloaded to your main library. New purchases will automatically show up in any computer or iOS library where you are signed into your Apple ID.

tt2

iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.