Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to have iTunes Match many years ago, and then stopped paying for it. If I resubscribe will my old music show up again?

Hi There. I was an original iPod / original iTunes user. Back in the day when they introduced iTunes Match, I signed up and all of my music in my library was copied / mirrored to the cloud (had uploaded so many CDs to iTunes). I did that for a few years and was able to access all of it, including playlists. Then I just stopped paying for it and lost access to my iTunes Match library and only had access to songs that I had purchased on Apple.

QUESTION: I really want to recover some of those old tunes and I wonder if I pay the $24.99 subscription for iTunes Match, can I get access to all that old music again?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 10:03 AM

Hi,

You will not be able to retrieve your previous iTune library. Apple will only retain your library for up to 30 days after a subscription expires.

You should have access to previous iTunes purchases provided they are still available in iTunes Store.

Jim

Similar questions

1 reply

I used to have iTunes Match many years ago, and then stopped paying for it. If I resubscribe will my old music show up again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.