Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check if my iPad pro-2020's screen is fine ?

Hello, Recently when I was on a phone call sitting on my bed my phone slipped from my hand hitting on my bed and by bouncing it directly fell on my iPad pro-2020 screen, So please tell me how to find out if my iPad screen is good or damaged. (I have a screen protector on it I hope my iPad's screen is fine)

iPad Pro

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 4:45 AM

If you see a scratch on the surface of the screen protector, there is still no reason to suspect damage to the screen itself.

Remember - a “screen protector” is a sacrificial additional layer of glass that is intended to protect the underlying screen. If the screen protector is unacceptably damaged, simply replace it with a new screen protector - these being relatively inexpensive.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 4:45 AM in response to Ydyfyxgxhccjd

If you see a scratch on the surface of the screen protector, there is still no reason to suspect damage to the screen itself.

Remember - a “screen protector” is a sacrificial additional layer of glass that is intended to protect the underlying screen. If the screen protector is unacceptably damaged, simply replace it with a new screen protector - these being relatively inexpensive.

Jan 18, 2023 4:24 AM in response to Ydyfyxgxhccjd

Unless you see visible damage - or the screen does not function as expected - you have no reason to anticipate an issue with your iPad.

If the screen does not perform normally in-use, then a visit to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) might be warranted - where the iPad can be tested and assessed:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

As described, the glass screen protector (as illustrated in your photo) has done its job in protecting the expensive iPad screen from damage.

How to check if my iPad pro-2020's screen is fine ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.