Hi, I think my iPad’s touch screen is broken or something

Hi, look at the video, I accidentally sat on my iPad 6 months ago and there were only 2 little lines on my screen but now with every week that past I have another one and it’s really starting to annoying me, what can I do? And how much is that cost in New York/Boston? Thanks

https://youtu.be/0FJp5qc4aFMp.s I don’t have any physical scratches on my screen, not even a small one

iPad Pro

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 6:04 PM

Hi ItayBarach,

To get an estimate and schedule a repair, use this link: iPad Repair & Service

Important: Before updating your device, make sure to create a backup. If something goes wrong, you will need to use your backup. To create a backup, see here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You may also try Get Support, however, it's best to use the first link as it provides an estimate.

Hope that helps!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 6:04 PM in response to ItayBarach

Hi ItayBarach,

To get an estimate and schedule a repair, use this link: iPad Repair & Service

Important: Before updating your device, make sure to create a backup. If something goes wrong, you will need to use your backup. To create a backup, see here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You may also try Get Support, however, it's best to use the first link as it provides an estimate.

Hope that helps!

Sep 26, 2023 2:52 AM in response to ItayBarach

As illustrated, your iPad has a screen hardware fault - for which the only remedy is repair. If the screen itself has a fault, it can only be resolved with a new screen; the screen is the single most expensive component of an iPad.

Apple has a flat-rate repair cost for iPad's that are accepted for service. Unless you have benefit of an active AppleCare+ plan, where the repair cost is reduced to a small excess/deductible fee, the repair cost is ~60% of the cost of the device when new.

For practical purposes, in lieu of attempting to repair and return your current iPad, Apple usually exchange a qualifying iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. When exchanged, the replacement iPad is yours to keep - the replacement having a new battery and a limited warranty.

You can establish eligibility and cost here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2023 12:55 AM in response to ItayBarach

Sorry, but no.

Any paid AppleCare+ coverqge has, probably, expired long ago ( the 6th gen iPad came out in 2018 ), so no other options.

Either pay for the reduced cost for a replacement iPad through Apple, or use that money plus, to purchase another brand new iPad.

Next time be careful where you put your iPad, so you never sit on it, again.

Sorry and Best of Luck to You!

Hi, I think my iPad’s touch screen is broken or something

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.