Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app claiming not enough iCloud storage when 195gb Free.

As the title states I can not for the life of me get my phone to upload my photos to free up space. I have a 64gb phone filled up with photos. I upgraded to 50gb and waited a day and nothing changed so I assumed the app was correct and I then upgraded to 200gb to only find out I have 18gb of photos on my phone and everything should have been fine.

Here are my current iCloud settings. The photos have always been on but I have went through and disabled most except them when I was still on the 50 plan.

Is the loading icon supposed to indicate they are uploading? After two nights of being connected to Wi-Fi and connected to power I would assume would be plenty of time to upload 18gbs at 300mb/s up.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 7:17 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2023 2:39 PM in response to MeowMyMix

Hello MeowMyMix,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Yes, the "Updating" icon seen in your screenshot indicates that your photos are being uploaded. The time it takes can depend on how many photos are being uploaded. The following is from Set up and use iCloud Photos.

"Pause library uploads to iCloud

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Photos app, go to the Library tab, and tap All Photos. Then scroll to the bottom of your screen.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app. Select Library in the sidebar, then click All Photos in the list of tabs in the toolbar. Scroll to the bottom of your photos and click Pause."

To get an idea of how upload progress is going, you can also visit iCloud.com from a computer, sign in and view Photos.

Take care.

Photos app claiming not enough iCloud storage when 195gb Free.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.