Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant find Spotlight search button or options for Spotlight in Settngs

Where is the Spotlight search button on iPhone SE? Also where are settings located? I tried Settings>General with no luck.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:49 PM

Sorry I don’t fully understand what you are trying to say but here is my Lock Screen attached below ⬇️ :

the dots at the bottom represent how many pages you have, so if you only have 2 pages there will be 2 bots , 4 pages for 4 dots and so on…when press the dots at the bottom the spotlight menu appears:

Note: some parts of images have been removed to protect privacy

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 8:49 PM in response to lavonia273

Sorry I don’t fully understand what you are trying to say but here is my Lock Screen attached below ⬇️ :

the dots at the bottom represent how many pages you have, so if you only have 2 pages there will be 2 bots , 4 pages for 4 dots and so on…when press the dots at the bottom the spotlight menu appears:

Note: some parts of images have been removed to protect privacy

Jan 18, 2023 9:16 PM in response to lavonia273

That’s unfortunate to hear.

just to be sure when swiping down from the Home Screen what happens? Please send screenshot.

Also what iOS version are you running? To check:

1. go to settings
  2. general
  3. about
  4. iOS version

There is no setting for spotlight search.

by the way I understand you are curious but this way of sharing information is not the best as of restrictions applied from apple for our safety. Such as posting limits I have to wait about 15 after each post. That is why I am not able to respond Did you want to discuss another way? Please check bio from profile.

note: do not attach any personal information such as phonenumber, email etc

if you wanted to discuss another way please check my profile and bio

Jan 18, 2023 9:04 PM in response to lavonia273

When holding the dots the pages will go smaller to edit the pages.

But to access spotlight search just tap the dots holding for too long does another function. so in conclusion tapping the dots will access spotlight search

tapping dots:✅

holding dots:❎

Holding then tapping dots:❎

If this comment helped you. mark this post as helpful or solved so this discussion can be closed.

Cant find Spotlight search button or options for Spotlight in Settngs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.