Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paid for Apple Music today the family the one that $22 the bundle and I sent the family share to my mom and my best friend and they can’t access the music, Every time they click to play music it’s telling them to pay for Apple Music?Can anyone help

My mom and Bestfran can’t access my family share for the Apple Music. Everytime they click on it it’s telling them to choose a payment plan even tho I paid for the apple one bundle and yes they accepted the invitation to the family share.?? Can anyone help me out please

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 12:07 AM

Hi Treybabyy

Re: Every time they click to play music it’s telling them to pay for Apple Music

Can anyone help?

Seems if you have set up Family sharing correctly before subscribing, and invited family, they should be able to access the music automatically.

As something is not working for them:

You might want to check through Apple support's online articles

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Eg: tells what to do after they accept the invitation or how to resend the invitation

or

What to do: If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

NB:

says: "To access your family's shared content, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 8 or later, or a Mac using OS X Yosemite or later. If you're using an older device, you won’t see your family’s shared content".

or

If your Mom or best friend have an Android phone:

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

If needed:

How to: Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple - Apple Support

More support:

There's a "Get Support" link at the bottom of the Music Support webpage:

Webpage: Music - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 12:07 AM in response to Treybabyy

Hi Treybabyy

Re: Every time they click to play music it’s telling them to pay for Apple Music

Can anyone help?

Seems if you have set up Family sharing correctly before subscribing, and invited family, they should be able to access the music automatically.

As something is not working for them:

You might want to check through Apple support's online articles

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Eg: tells what to do after they accept the invitation or how to resend the invitation

or

What to do: If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

NB:

says: "To access your family's shared content, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 8 or later, or a Mac using OS X Yosemite or later. If you're using an older device, you won’t see your family’s shared content".

or

If your Mom or best friend have an Android phone:

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

If needed:

How to: Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple - Apple Support

More support:

There's a "Get Support" link at the bottom of the Music Support webpage:

Webpage: Music - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Jan 20, 2023 3:28 PM in response to Treybabyy

Thank you for your reply, and for letting us know it is working!

Mmmm ... not exactly easy to find / see all the prices:

Found these online, so should be current today:

Apple One - Apple

says

Individual $16.95

Family $22.95

Premier $32.95

Apple Music - Apple

says:

Voice $4.99

Student $5.99

Individual $10.99

Family $16.99

There's a link available online for changing subscription plans if you want to:

ie: How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

Cheers :-)

I paid for Apple Music today the family the one that $22 the bundle and I sent the family share to my mom and my best friend and they can’t access the music, Every time they click to play music it’s telling them to pay for Apple Music?Can anyone help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.