You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Top back edge of my iPhone SE isn't well sealed and is collecting dust. Is this normal?

Hello,

So I bought my first iPhone ever, the iPhone SE (2022) from Amazon. The product was sold by Amazon on the Apple store page, so I assume it's original/official. I did do some authentication work on it, and it seems pretty legit.

However, I noticed that the top back edge of the phone isn't as well sealed as the other edges on the back. If you look closely, you'd see little black/grey dots inside the top edge.

I'm not sure if this is normal since this is my first iPhone. I'm thinking it's just dust getting in between, but the other edges look clean and well sealed that I cannot see any dust at all. The top edge seems to have a very thin gap.

I have few days to return the phone in case it turns out this is not normal.

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 5:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:56 AM

Can you easily wipe the dust off or is it wedged in there? Either way, we are all just users on this user to user only forum. If you are concerned something is amiss with your phone show it to Apple.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 19, 2023 6:31 AM in response to FirstiPhoneSE

It's hard to see what you see from the photos, but if you have any concerns with the phone, schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation. I would honestly never know if there was dust on the back of my iPhone as every iPhone I've ever owned has been placed in a protective case to keep them pristine and avoid harm is the phone is dropped.

Top back edge of my iPhone SE isn't well sealed and is collecting dust. Is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.