Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose Music App doesn’t detect WiFi on iOS 16.2

After upgrading to iOS 16.2 Bose Music app stopped detecting Wi-Fi on the iPhone even being in a same network . All app permissions are set on - Bluetooth, local network access.

Tried reinstalling the app. Doesn’t help.

Bose music app version 6.3.3

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 11:46 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 23, 2023 4:54 AM in response to swornim196

Bose Music App doesn't detect Wi-Fi on IOS 16.3.1 either...maybe.

I had it working on an iPhone SE with 16.3.1

I upgraded to an iPhone 14 Plus and I had it working once, but then I touched the icon in the upper top left corner of the app (which I think was for My Bose account) and since doing that I get the error. I also did numerous times of installation and removal afterwards to no avail.

I can see the sound bar connected on my router. If I shut off the 2.4 GHZ network, it will connect to my 5 GHZ network. If I shut off my 5 GHZ network, it will connect to my 2.4 GHZ network. So, I know the sound bar is talking on my network.

If I shut off the Bluetooth permissions for the app, the app will request access to Bluetooth.

If I shut off the Wi-Fi permissions for the app, the app does not request access to local network.

Hope this helps. For now (knock on wood) I can hear sound from my TV through it, but if I want/need to make changes...I'm screwed.

Apr 11, 2023 7:39 PM in response to swornim196

Hi guys if anyone is still facing this issue you could try my fix and see if it helps fix the issue for you, here is my original reddit post and also the steps listed there, Can’t figure this out… : bose (reddit.com)

I'm on iOS 16.4. Just an FYI, I don't think simply updating my iPhone 12 to 16.4 fixed the issue because I checked it and it didn't.

Here is what I did.

Prerequisite: Keep the app installed, not sure if this will change anything but I had it installed before I proceeded with the following.

1. Go to your iPhone's iCloud backup (Settings-> Your Apple ID-> iCloud -> iCloud Backup)-> Select your iPhone) and uncheck the Bose Music App by expanding the list of applications.
  2. Now, make sure you have the app installed on your iPhone and then hit "Back Up Now" on the previous iCloud Backup settings page. This will make sure what ever was backed up for your Bose Music App is erased from iCloud so that the next time you install the app nothing is downloaded back from the previous installation.
  3. Now, uninstall the Bose Music App from your iPhone and then reinstall it from the App Store and see if it works.

Note: Once you reinstall, the iCloud Backup for the Bose Music App should automatically be turned on. If not, you can do it manually following the same steps as step 1 but this time turning the toggle on instead of off.

This helped me fixed the issue and I no longer see the annoying "Wi-Fi required” prompt even after closed the app (We've all been there haven't we). I hope this helps.

Mar 26, 2023 6:11 PM in response to Dustin_R_308

Hello, I want to echo what the poster stated. Since I upgraded to my iPhone 14 Pro Max, my Bose Music app cannot connect to my speakers. I know it is a phone or ios issue because I can still connect to the speakers using the same app in older iphones/ipads. I also think it is a phone or ios issue because I am experiencing similar issues trying to use other apps that try to connect to other devices such as the Kasa app (to connect light switches or smart lightbulbs) as well as the Snapbridge app (used to connect to my Nikon camera). Everything worked fine on my previous iphone 12 Pro Max until I upgraded to the new iphone. I sure hope that ios 16.4 fixes all these issues because it is not a one app issue.

Bose Music App doesn’t detect WiFi on iOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.