Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose app no longer detects that my iphone is connected to wifi?

I have two Bose soundbars. I have had them for several years with no issues. I got a new iphone 13 max 2 days ago. I transferred my old phone to my new one using icloud… no issues there. Now, when I go into the Bose app, it says I must be on wifi to use the app… but I AM using wifi. Both my phone & the soundbars are connected to the exact same wifi network in my home. I only have one wifi network to connect to. I was on the phone with Bose tech support for several hours troubleshooting & trying to figure it out. He was stumped. We uninstalled & reinstalled everything, the speakers, the app… everything… several times. Shut everything down, including my phone & restarted them. Nothing would work. The Bose tech support said it has to be something wrong with my iphone. That was the only explanation. The app on my iphone thinks I’m not connected to my wifi network, but I am. Please help me cause right now, I have zero control over my soundbars connected to my televisions in my living room & bedroom except for adjusting the volume with my Apple TV remote. This is very frustrating & it was working perfectly fine before I changed to the new iphone. On a side note, my husband’s phone does not have this problem, he can go into the app & it works fine… so I know the issue has to be with this new phone. Also, the new phone is the same model as my old phone, an iphone 13 pro max. My old phone was defective & had to be replaced.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 12:30 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 12:30 AM in response to Nanabeans33

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Bose app no longer detects that my iphone is connected to wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.