Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scratched brand new iphone 14 proMax!

I got my new Iphone 14 pro Max and once I removed the paper covering the screen, I was disappointed to find a scratch in the screen over the dynamic island. I contacted the company I bought the Iphone from and they don’t seem to believe me though they are Authorised resellers !! I feel like my money were waisted.

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 5:17 AM

It's really bad customer service from the store, they can check when it was sent, when it was received and when you called. They should take responsibility for it. The iPhone you got is a DOA (Dead On Arrival)

Good thing you haven't switched it on or activated it, that also means it hasn't been used yet. Does the place where you bought it not have a physical store that you can come to?

If not, I would choose to return it and get my money back. The rules differ from country to country, but where I live, I have the right to return products bought online within 14 days, even if the product has been opened. It might be your solution, then you can buy it elsewhere. For example, in a physical store, where you can open the box together with the seller.

You can also try contacting Apple Support by phone. I don't know if they can do anything when it's bought elsewhere - but the product ultimately comes from them, so maybe they can help with something.

You can find your local Apple Support number here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 5:17 AM in response to RitaBatta

It's really bad customer service from the store, they can check when it was sent, when it was received and when you called. They should take responsibility for it. The iPhone you got is a DOA (Dead On Arrival)

Good thing you haven't switched it on or activated it, that also means it hasn't been used yet. Does the place where you bought it not have a physical store that you can come to?

If not, I would choose to return it and get my money back. The rules differ from country to country, but where I live, I have the right to return products bought online within 14 days, even if the product has been opened. It might be your solution, then you can buy it elsewhere. For example, in a physical store, where you can open the box together with the seller.

You can also try contacting Apple Support by phone. I don't know if they can do anything when it's bought elsewhere - but the product ultimately comes from them, so maybe they can help with something.

You can find your local Apple Support number here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jan 20, 2023 1:59 AM in response to RitaBatta

In such a case, it is always word against word. How long have you had the phone? - it also matters how soon after the purchase you contact them. I would personally show up at the store where it was purchased, and argue that they either change the screen or give you a new device. It is not meant to be scratched on a brand new phone.

Jan 20, 2023 4:51 AM in response to Community User

As soon as I removed the paper cover on the screen I saw the scratch, it’s something like a minor break, more than a scratch! The delivery guy called at 5:12 and got to my house at 5:28 at 5:30 I called the company!!! My witnesses? My sister and my family. They immediately accused me of lying, I can accuse them too! No one is right or wrong here! Such a shame

Scratched brand new iphone 14 proMax!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.