Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Autofill misses country code

Safari Autofill keeps removing the "+N", +NN" or "+NNN" (an international country phone number codes) filling in the phone number forms on the websites.

There is an international format of providing the phone numbers starting from +NN required in 99% of the situations during filling in the forms in the internet. And this is exactly how the phone numbers are written down in my contact card. When I click on Autofill it also shows a +NN in suggestion,

but when I click to fill it - it is removed!

Always and on every single website ever. It is very annoying to add it manually each time and it makes Autofill useless.

Is there a way to fix this to have Autofill insert my phone numbers exactly how it is written down in my contact card?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 4:33 AM

I agree. This is so annoying, particularly given that the + country code format is so ubiquitous.

We live in a world where international interaction (not just communication, but online purchases, registering for events, hotel bookings) is now party of most people's lives. I don't think a week goes by that I don't submit my phone number to a 3rd party overseas. Yet Safari's autofill function elects to drop the country code. Bizarre!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 4:33 AM in response to alexanderfromvilnius

I agree. This is so annoying, particularly given that the + country code format is so ubiquitous.

We live in a world where international interaction (not just communication, but online purchases, registering for events, hotel bookings) is now party of most people's lives. I don't think a week goes by that I don't submit my phone number to a 3rd party overseas. Yet Safari's autofill function elects to drop the country code. Bizarre!

Jan 22, 2023 4:34 PM in response to alexanderfromvilnius

Hi there alexanderfromvilnius,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you have a question about Autofill dropping the country code from Contacts when it fills in Safari.

Here is Apple's article on the subject: Autofill info from Contacts in Safari on Mac

This may be expected behavior. To check, you can contact Apple Support: Contact Apple Support or leave them feedback here: Product Feedback

Take care.

Jan 23, 2023 5:29 PM in response to alexanderfromvilnius

Hey alexanderfromvilnius, we need a bit of help understanding your last post. Were you told someone from Apple Support would get back to you? Did the advisor say they would set up a callback? If you were provided a case number, you can always reach back out to Apple Support, provide the number and they’ll be glad to check for you: Get Support

If that wasn’t your question, please provide a bit more detail.

All the best.

Safari Autofill misses country code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.