Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while updating my iPhone 11 to iOS 16.2

An error has occurred on numerous attempts to install the IOS16.2 update on my iPhone 11. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 11:10 AM

In addition to the above, ensure no add-on VPN client installed (don’t merely disable it, remove it entirely and restart), ensure no beta profile is installed, restart the Wi-Fi router, delete the existing download (Settings > General > iPhone Storage > find the update file, and delete it), and if the above reply and this all fails, connect to use a Mac or Windows PC and update there. Or make an appointment at an Apple Store or Apple authorized service provider, or “borrow” a computer.

How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 11:10 AM in response to LatchWK

In addition to the above, ensure no add-on VPN client installed (don’t merely disable it, remove it entirely and restart), ensure no beta profile is installed, restart the Wi-Fi router, delete the existing download (Settings > General > iPhone Storage > find the update file, and delete it), and if the above reply and this all fails, connect to use a Mac or Windows PC and update there. Or make an appointment at an Apple Store or Apple authorized service provider, or “borrow” a computer.

How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

An error occurred while updating my iPhone 11 to iOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.