Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio internal SD card reader. SD card mounted but does not apper on Desktop.

Mac Studio, 1 week old. Internal SD card reader mounts the SD cards, are visible in Finder sidebar and within Disk Utility but unable to view them on the Desktop. I can use the same SD cards in a USB adapter and they show up on the Desktop just dandy.

All Locations are checked in Finder Settings (includes External disks).

Can obviously still access within the sidebar, but this just seems really weird. Surely there's either something I'm missing or a way to have these cards behave as it seems they should and appear as any other external disk on the Desktop.

Mac Studio, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 11:07 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 20, 2023 11:23 AM in response to michaelx74

michaelx74 wrote:

Mac Studio, 1 week old. Internal SD card reader mounts the SD cards, are visible in Finder sidebar and within Disk Utility but unable to view them on the Desktop. I can use the same SD cards in a USB adapter and they show up on the Desktop just dandy.

All Locations are checked in Finder Settings (includes External disks).

Can obviously still access within the sidebar, but this just seems really weird. Surely there's either something I'm missing or a way to have these cards behave as it seems they should and appear as any other external disk on the Desktop.

well, you can try refreshing the Desktop from the Terminal.app copy and paste:

killall Finder

if no insight or resolve—

try rebooting the machine and see if it registers on your Dekstop

I will say yours is not the first report I have seen...

can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 20, 2023 11:25 AM in response to michaelx74

michaelx74 wrote:

killall Finder has not resolved. Have already rebooted. Will file feedback.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test, a  reboot will put it back to normal mode and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode. 

Mac Studio internal SD card reader. SD card mounted but does not apper on Desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.