Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question regarding lists on phone app

when I open the phone app, there is a left arrow button called lists. When I push that a page comes up that shows “all contacts”, “all gmail” and “all iphone”. When I create a new contract from a recent phone call it only goes into “alll contacts”.

however, when I sync my Deja office program, that grabs contact info that is in the “all iPhone “ list. Is there a way to when I add a contact for it to populate the “all iphone” list? Why are there 2 different ones. I want all my contacts to be on my iPhone.

please help

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 3:13 PM

First of all, you left out an important detail.

”When I open the Phone app” … and choose the “Contacts” tab at the bottom

Next, let’s consider where your Contacts are housed. This is governed at Settings > Contacts > Accounts.

Clearly you use gmail as a place to house your Contacts. Why don’t you ensure that’s the only place? Be certain all your current Contacts are housed there, and there are no other accounts listed in that Settings area with any access to Contacts.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 3:13 PM in response to Bobbyg8

First of all, you left out an important detail.

”When I open the Phone app” … and choose the “Contacts” tab at the bottom

Next, let’s consider where your Contacts are housed. This is governed at Settings > Contacts > Accounts.

Clearly you use gmail as a place to house your Contacts. Why don’t you ensure that’s the only place? Be certain all your current Contacts are housed there, and there are no other accounts listed in that Settings area with any access to Contacts.

Question regarding lists on phone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.