Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to increase image thumbnail size when selecting from Finder?

The thumbnails in the Finder window on my Macbook Air are minuscule when I try to select an image for either uploading to social media or insertion into an email. I've looked everywhere, including in 'View' - but there is simply no option to make thumbnails bigger.

Please see the screenshot attached, there is nothing except 'icons' to select, but no way of making them bigger. It is literally impossible for me to find the image I want when the thumbnails are so tiny. Please can somebody tell me there is something I've missed here?!

I've seen previous posts on this topic but nobody seems to have found a solution. We're now several Operating Systems down the line and Apple still hasn't fixed this?! Apple products are not cheap - how can they seriously believe this is acceptable? It's a really basic bit of functionality that Windows provides as a matter of course.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 3:22 AM

The user is in an open dialog window while in Google Chrome. Perhaps you just misunderstood the gist of the first sentence in the OP.

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 23, 2023 7:31 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks all.

Yes that's correct, the issue is when I want to insert an image into a social media site or email etc, & the picture folders open in the Finder window. It's not an issue if I just open Finder on its own.

I see that Google Chrome has been mentioned above as the browser I'm using, but I can use any browser. I'll try in Safari, unless anyone thinks it will be the same?

How to increase image thumbnail size when selecting from Finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.