Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to resize image in Mail app to whatever size I want

Hi I am wondering how I can resize an image by dragging the corners to the exact size I want. I am NOT talking about that drop down menu that has "small", "medium", or "large". That function sucks. I use a windows laptop for work and whenever I take a snip-it and paste it in my email, I can just drag the image to whatever size I want. How do I do that with my personal Macbook?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 3:25 PM

That's not possible in Mail. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added to the system via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  

You'll need to resize them in an image editor before adding to an email.

OR, put the image is a Pages document where you can resize by dragging a corner and then see if you can copy and paste it into an email at that size.

OR (again), send the full sized image and let the recipient resize it to their requiremets.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 3:25 PM in response to loopicutie

That's not possible in Mail. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added to the system via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  

You'll need to resize them in an image editor before adding to an email.

OR, put the image is a Pages document where you can resize by dragging a corner and then see if you can copy and paste it into an email at that size.

OR (again), send the full sized image and let the recipient resize it to their requiremets.

How to resize image in Mail app to whatever size I want

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.