Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect my Mac with USB-C to two 27" Apple LED displays with Mini DisplayPort?

I have a Macbook pro with 4 USB-c ports. I want to connect thiss to 2 LED Cinema Display's (27") that have Mini DisplayPort.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a USB-c splitter or -hub that connects USB-c to 2 Mini DisplayPorts?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 2:38 AM

4 replies

Jan 23, 2023 2:36 PM in response to E-P-S

Hello E-P-S,

To connect an external monitor that has a Mini DisplayPort type connection, you would need a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable. Here's an example of one: USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable

If you're trying to connect multiple monitors to the computer, you'll want to check the tech specs for your specific model to see how many external monitors you can connect: Connect a display to your Mac

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2023 2:40 AM in response to Jaym_8

Dear Jaym_8,

I can connect the 27" LED cinema display with an adapter, this is no problem. Furthermore, I can also connect 2 of these exact same monitors. So my laptop is compatible and the adapters are available.

My question is however: Is there a hub/adapter on the market that can combine 2 Mini DisplayPorts into 1 USB-C connection. Preferable with a power output possibility.

Kind regards

How to connect my Mac with USB-C to two 27" Apple LED displays with Mini DisplayPort?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.