Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook Air unapproved caller security agent may only be invoked by Apple software

macbook Air unapproved caller security agent may only be invoked by Apple software

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 11:02 AM

First please try this simple step: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Restart your Mac in that mode, or attempt to restart it in that mode. If it starts and runs ok, then restart it normally (not "Safe Mode").

If the problem continues please write back.

3 replies

Jan 21, 2023 10:54 AM in response to John Galt

My husband’s MacBook Air froze and a message appeared saying ‘macbook Air unapproved caller security agent may only be invoked by Apple software’. He could not move away from this message or delete it and the laptop was unusable. Is this a scam or what?

We tried restarting the MacBook. But same problem.

He then tried to access Apple Support via my laptop to get help, but it refused to accept the serial number of his MacBook which was accurately entered. I’m guessing that this is because it’s an old one. This makes us feel angry.

Can anyone help us with this please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.