Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather widget issues

My iPhone 12 Pro Max will not let the weather widget on the lock screen display anything other than Cupertino, CA. I have taken the location out of weather altogether, location services are always on and nothing. It’s a small inconvenience but it’s been this way since the phone was new. It would be nice to be able to lift my phone and see the current temperature where I’m at instead of going all the way into the weather app. Anyone else had this problem? Also any fixes? 🧐

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 4:19 PM

Hi Zyarbro,

You mentioned that you've removed Cupertino as on of the locations, had the widget also been deleted and re-added to your custom Lock Screen?

1. Touch and hold the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears at the bottom
  2. Tap Customize under your current lock screen
  3. Tap on Weather widget and tap on - to remove it.
  4. Tap Done to save.

Perform steps 1-2 again, then tap to add weather app widget again. Tap Done to save and see if this continues to occur.

Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

Apple recently release iOS 16.3. iOS updates contain bug fixes and Security updates that can help with the functionality of your devices. It also updates built in app such as the Weather app. Check out the steps to update here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Have a good one!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 4:19 PM in response to Zyarbro

Hi Zyarbro,

You mentioned that you've removed Cupertino as on of the locations, had the widget also been deleted and re-added to your custom Lock Screen?

1. Touch and hold the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears at the bottom
  2. Tap Customize under your current lock screen
  3. Tap on Weather widget and tap on - to remove it.
  4. Tap Done to save.

Perform steps 1-2 again, then tap to add weather app widget again. Tap Done to save and see if this continues to occur.

Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

Apple recently release iOS 16.3. iOS updates contain bug fixes and Security updates that can help with the functionality of your devices. It also updates built in app such as the Weather app. Check out the steps to update here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Have a good one!

Jan 24, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Zyarbro

We appreciate the additional information and screenshot, Zyarbro. From here, let's try removing the Weather application, and then installing it again, to see if the issue remains: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Delete a built-in app from your device
1) On your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the app.
2) Tap Remove App from the shortcut menu.
3) Tap Delete App from the submenu.
If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Once you have deleted it, you can get help with adding it back, here:

Restore a built-in app that you deleted
1) On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
2) Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app.
3) Tap the Redownload button .
4) Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home Screen.
If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Jan 24, 2023 4:20 AM in response to Trish313

This does not work. I have my weather widget in my today view which you cannot remove widgets from. The customize function only works for the lock screen view itself along with the wallpaper. I will attach a photo of what i’m trying to resolve, I am in Arkansas and it will

never change but I now notice after the screenshot I attached my map widget is the same way 👎🏻

Weather widget issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.