Weather widgets on lock screen not working iPhone 12

I'm setting up the lockscreen on my new iPhone 12. While editing I saw that location services were off, but I set the widgets anyway intending to turn them on later. So on my lock screen my widgets were blank. I turned on location services under settings>privacy AND under "weather." Still blank. I returned to "wallpaper" to delete and re-add the widgets. NOW while editing I can see the local conditions in the widgets. (I couldn't before). So, good, right? Fixed! Wrong. The widgets on the lockscreen are still blank. I can see conditions for a split second when I first turn my screen on with the right side button but they go blank immediately. I have toggled location services off then back on, I have restarted the phone (waiting 30 seconds!). The iOS is up to date. What am I missing?

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 9:55 PM

I figured out at least MY issue. I was having an issue where I have full service (as described), and weather app shows weather, but the widget on the Lock Screen - locked or unlocked - just shows —% for precipitation, and likely a blank number for all other measurements.

Go into settings, Privacy & Security, Location Services, scroll down to Weather (or probably whatever other apps you’re having issues with), and select “While Using the App or Widgets”.

Hope this helps!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 9:55 PM in response to Lulubluestreak

I figured out at least MY issue. I was having an issue where I have full service (as described), and weather app shows weather, but the widget on the Lock Screen - locked or unlocked - just shows —% for precipitation, and likely a blank number for all other measurements.

Go into settings, Privacy & Security, Location Services, scroll down to Weather (or probably whatever other apps you’re having issues with), and select “While Using the App or Widgets”.

Hope this helps!

Sep 27, 2023 6:18 PM in response to Lulubluestreak

Hi, try this if this is the same issue you are experiencing.

I had a weather widget on my lockscreen but it shows blank if my phone is locked. However, if the phone is unlocked via face id it will show the weather widget. To fix this, just go to Settings, then choose FaceID and Passcode, once you are in there, scroll down to the bottom where you can see “ Allow Access when locked” then look for lock screen widgets and switch that on. Once done, go back to your lockscreen and it should show the weather widget even if your phone is locked.

Apr 18, 2023 7:36 PM in response to Lulubluestreak

Thank you for the follow up!

So, to get this clear, you’ve set up your weather widgets on the Lock Screen, but they show “Weather Unavailable”, which is a strong indicator of No Service, and you say you have abundant service, so the widgets should be showing data, but are not, in which case I’d recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance.

If this is not quite the issue, please report back.

Good Luck!

Weather widgets on lock screen not working iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.