Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to improve my iMac speed?

My iMac is running slower lately, especially when booting up, is there a way to improve the speed.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:25 AM

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to paste the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 10:25 AM in response to Denman-PR207

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to paste the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.

Jan 21, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Denman-PR207

+1

I believe you should create an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a simple, helpful utility to diagnose and identify both software and select hardware issues.

If your Mac is experiencing an issue, such as poor performance or running slowly, kernel panics, apps freezing or quitting unexpectedly, storage issues, and many more, generating an EtreCheck report is a great place to start for troubleshooting issues with your Mac while getting help at Apple Support Community. EtreCheck was developed by a highly respected member of these very Apple Support Community forums, and it is trusted by many users.

Downloading

To get started, download EtreCheck:

https://etrecheck.com/en/welcome.html

Click “download” on the site. The app will be downloaded to your Mac to your downloads location, which is the “Downloads” folder by default. This can be accessed by going to the Finder > Go (in the top menu bar) > Downloads.

Open the app, and generate a report

Open the downloaded application, and follow the initial steps to open the app. Choose a problem in the drop-down menu, and click Start. Creating a report typically takes 2-4 minutes on a healthy Mac.

View your report, and upload a copy to Apple Support Community

Once you have your report generated, you can upload it to Apple Support Community for us to review and provide suggestions. Please refer to this document with instructions for uploading your report and using the “Additional Text” function of Apple Support Community:

How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community.

If you need help in the meantime, please let us know.

Jack

Is there a way to improve my iMac speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.