Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print from my ipads or iphone to my wireless printer

I have a PC, 2 ipads, an iphone, and an Apple Watch SE. I have Norton installed on my PC. I can print to my Brother wireless printer from the PC, but not from my ipads or the iphone. My printer does not show up on the long list of printers that appears.

I live in a seniors apartment building. We are all on the same wifi network. I don't know what has happened to the configuration, because for a long time all was well and only my printer showed on the list. Now every printer in the building is there, except mine.

I am just about at my wit's end trying to resolve the situation. If anyone an offer help or suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 2:16 PM

Hi,

Which exact Brother printer model are you using?

If the printer is an AirPrint-compatible model (About AirPrint - Apple Support), printing from the iPads and the iPhone should work, provided that the printer is on the same Wi-Fi network (subnet). It is important that the Wi-Fi router can handle mDNS/Bonjour for AirPrint to work properly.

Could you ask someone responsible whether a change has been made with the (central) Wi-Fi router?

Also, we do not know anything about the router configuration. For example, is it a dual-band router (2.4 and 5 GHz)? Wi-Fi range extenders? Et cetera.

Normally, when there is a device discovery problem, one would try a power-cycle sequence, including the Wi-Fi router, but that may or may not be possible in this case.

The full procedure would be as follows:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the iPads, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone and the iPads. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

If necessary, you could perhaps at least try everything except the router.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 2:16 PM in response to CarolR905

Hi,

Which exact Brother printer model are you using?

If the printer is an AirPrint-compatible model (About AirPrint - Apple Support), printing from the iPads and the iPhone should work, provided that the printer is on the same Wi-Fi network (subnet). It is important that the Wi-Fi router can handle mDNS/Bonjour for AirPrint to work properly.

Could you ask someone responsible whether a change has been made with the (central) Wi-Fi router?

Also, we do not know anything about the router configuration. For example, is it a dual-band router (2.4 and 5 GHz)? Wi-Fi range extenders? Et cetera.

Normally, when there is a device discovery problem, one would try a power-cycle sequence, including the Wi-Fi router, but that may or may not be possible in this case.

The full procedure would be as follows:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the iPads, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone and the iPads. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

If necessary, you could perhaps at least try everything except the router.

Cannot print from my ipads or iphone to my wireless printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.