Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, don't detect my DCP-L2550DW printer.

Why can't my Apple devices show my Brother DCP-L2250DW printer as a AirPrint printer? The printer Network Configuration print-out shows it on line to the same network as the Apple devices. It reports a IP address of 10.254.0.228. This is exactly the same as the

Apple devices except for the last 3 digits. I have checked everything and have a network exploration app. I can find nothing wrong. But I can not print. I would be very appreciative for any help. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Hi,

The Brother DCP-L2550DW is a supported AirPrint model.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Any change after the following power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the iPad, the Mac, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone, the iPad, and the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, please note that AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. This means that you could wire the DCP-L2550DW to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router instead of using a wireless printer connection. Ethernet is often more stable, and can help avoid some router compatibility issues (see, for example, https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73618/~/compatibility-with-5-ghz%2C-dual-band-wireless-router%2C-or-mesh-networks).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 5:30 PM in response to ddc834

Hi,

The Brother DCP-L2550DW is a supported AirPrint model.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Any change after the following power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the iPad, the Mac, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone, the iPad, and the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, please note that AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. This means that you could wire the DCP-L2550DW to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router instead of using a wireless printer connection. Ethernet is often more stable, and can help avoid some router compatibility issues (see, for example, https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73618/~/compatibility-with-5-ghz%2C-dual-band-wireless-router%2C-or-mesh-networks).

iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, don't detect my DCP-L2550DW printer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.