Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from iPad

My pc and my Android mobiles connect by WiFi with the printer using the printer’s IP address. My Ipads can’t find the printer IP address, even if filled in manually. Should I use the printer MAC address to find the printer?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 15, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 2:03 AM

The list in About AirPrint - Apple Support confirms that the Epson WF-2750 is a printer supporting the AirPrint technology (as you already know), so it should be possible to print from an iPad (without the need for an extra app from the printer manufacturer).

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

I assume that the printer, the computer, the Android phones, and the iPads are connected to one Wi-Fi router. The printer and the iPads must use the same network. Depending on the router/settings, one may have to check 2.4 and 5 GHz network names, etc.

One may also want to power cycle all devices according to the following procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all mobile phones and iPads. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all mobile phones and iPads.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 2:03 AM in response to Tomscheese

The list in About AirPrint - Apple Support confirms that the Epson WF-2750 is a printer supporting the AirPrint technology (as you already know), so it should be possible to print from an iPad (without the need for an extra app from the printer manufacturer).

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

I assume that the printer, the computer, the Android phones, and the iPads are connected to one Wi-Fi router. The printer and the iPads must use the same network. Depending on the router/settings, one may have to check 2.4 and 5 GHz network names, etc.

One may also want to power cycle all devices according to the following procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all mobile phones and iPads. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all mobile phones and iPads.

May 15, 2021 3:09 PM in response to Tomscheese

Tomscheese wrote:
Nobody answers my questions if I should use the MAC address of the printer on my iPads.

I'll answer it... no. You can only use AirPrint. iPads and iPhones are sandboxed and this prevents viruses and malware but it has some drawbacks. Androids get hacked often due to their open architecture, you can download an app from anywhere, safe or not.

Printing from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.