Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to send a photo to a Samsung phone

my phone won’t send a photo to any Samsung user, how do I do that?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 1:04 PM

When you send pictures via messages to a Samsung phone, you send normal MMS messages.

To start with, you can check if you have enabled MMS on your iPhone, go to Settings -> Messages -> find the SMS/MMS category and check that MMS Messages is enabled.

The person you send the message to must also be able to receive MMS messages - if the person is roaming on another network, for example, then MMS may be disabled for him. It may also be that the recipient's phone lacks an MMS setup. Finally, the image can also take up too much space so that the recipient does not receive it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 1:04 PM in response to Tbizzle09

When you send pictures via messages to a Samsung phone, you send normal MMS messages.

To start with, you can check if you have enabled MMS on your iPhone, go to Settings -> Messages -> find the SMS/MMS category and check that MMS Messages is enabled.

The person you send the message to must also be able to receive MMS messages - if the person is roaming on another network, for example, then MMS may be disabled for him. It may also be that the recipient's phone lacks an MMS setup. Finally, the image can also take up too much space so that the recipient does not receive it.

I want to send a photo to a Samsung phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.