Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sync my iPad Pro to my Mac Studio

trying to sing my iPad Pro to my Mac Studio m1. I keep getting "Mac Studio not supported". what to do I´m asking . 60 year pc old ignorant father but keen on learning.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Studio, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 4:20 PM

Hello redhouseportugal,

My suggestion would be to update your iPad Pro to the latest version of iPadOS (this is probably why your Mac Studio is giving you the message, "Mac Studio not supported."):

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

• First, Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  • Then, connect your device to its power source and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  • On your iPad go to "Settings" > "General," and select Software Update.
  • If you there is more than one software update available for your iPad, select the ones you want to install. (You should probably select all of the software updates you see, but you can install them one-at-a-time if you want to.)
  • Select "Install Now." In some cases you might see "Download and Install;" if so, select this and the update/s will begin to download onto your iPad. When prompted, enter your iPad's passcode and select "Install Now."
  • The updates should begin installing. This will probably take several hours.
  • Your iPad is now up-to-date!

Here is some additional information:

Displays - Official Apple Support

Connect iPad to a display with a cable - Apple Support

If you still receive the "Mac Studio not supported" message, let me know what I can do to help, or else you can contact Apple Support:

Contact - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 4:20 PM in response to redhouseportugal

Hello redhouseportugal,

My suggestion would be to update your iPad Pro to the latest version of iPadOS (this is probably why your Mac Studio is giving you the message, "Mac Studio not supported."):

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

• First, Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  • Then, connect your device to its power source and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  • On your iPad go to "Settings" > "General," and select Software Update.
  • If you there is more than one software update available for your iPad, select the ones you want to install. (You should probably select all of the software updates you see, but you can install them one-at-a-time if you want to.)
  • Select "Install Now." In some cases you might see "Download and Install;" if so, select this and the update/s will begin to download onto your iPad. When prompted, enter your iPad's passcode and select "Install Now."
  • The updates should begin installing. This will probably take several hours.
  • Your iPad is now up-to-date!

Here is some additional information:

Displays - Official Apple Support

Connect iPad to a display with a cable - Apple Support

If you still receive the "Mac Studio not supported" message, let me know what I can do to help, or else you can contact Apple Support:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Trying to sync my iPad Pro to my Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.