Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keep audio and video connected but hide video in fcpx timeline

Here's my problem. I keep an original track in my timeline, for reference, so I can be sure that the music in the performance I'm working on is ALWAYS in sync. As soon as I detach the audio from that original track, it tends to drift and cause problems and it no longer syncs with the reference track (or anything else.). I want to keep that reference track at the bottom of my timeline for both audio and video referencing, but sometimes I would like to hide the video. The only way to hide the video is to detach the audio and then disable video. But then the audio inevitably goes out of sync and I can't wed the two tracks back together. Suggestions please for hiding the image at will when I need to?????? But still keeping it firmly attached to its audio track?

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 6:36 PM

You have posted your question in the Apple Community for iMac computer support.

You'll probably have better luck getting an appropriate response if you re-post in the Final Cut Pro support Community here: Final Cut Pro - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply

keep audio and video connected but hide video in fcpx timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.