FCP X retain sync multiple video and audio tracks

I'm sure there is an answer online, but I can't seem to find it. I have two video tracks with audio and one audio track in the timeline. I have them synched up, and I don't want them to drift unless I do want to change something. What is the easiest way to glue them together? (I know I can do it with a compound clip, but with a later option to alter them) I'm attaching an image. The video tracks are really just for reference.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 6:13 PM

Assuming the middle clip is on the primary and the clips above and below are connected to it, they won’t drift apart horizontally. They may get separated vertically, but the clips will remain connected to the clip on the primary storyline in sync with each other. You can of course collapse them into a compound clip, but that might complicate editing further down the road.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 6:13 PM in response to nowsthetime

Assuming the middle clip is on the primary and the clips above and below are connected to it, they won’t drift apart horizontally. They may get separated vertically, but the clips will remain connected to the clip on the primary storyline in sync with each other. You can of course collapse them into a compound clip, but that might complicate editing further down the road.

FCP X retain sync multiple video and audio tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.