Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email

Hi, I am trying to login my email for iCloud but it’s not letting me. The reason is because it’s asking to send a code to my old phone number I don’t use anymore.

Is there any other alternative as to how this can be resolved? Would gladly like to get solutions to fix the issue.

Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 8:06 PM

Hello,

This sounds like Two-factor Authentication. You can either receive codes from a trusted device or at a trusted number. Do you have any other Apple devices already signed in with your Apple ID? If so you can get a code from one of them.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

"Use the code displayed on your trusted device

If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices.

1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password on a new device or browser.
  2. Look for a sign in notification on any of your trusted devices.
  3. Tap Allow to receive your verification code.
  4. Enter the verification code on your other device to complete sign in."

If you don't have any other device you may need to try the account recovery option.

"If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 8:06 PM in response to njima241

Hello,

This sounds like Two-factor Authentication. You can either receive codes from a trusted device or at a trusted number. Do you have any other Apple devices already signed in with your Apple ID? If so you can get a code from one of them.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

"Use the code displayed on your trusted device

If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices.

1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password on a new device or browser.
  2. Look for a sign in notification on any of your trusted devices.
  3. Tap Allow to receive your verification code.
  4. Enter the verification code on your other device to complete sign in."

If you don't have any other device you may need to try the account recovery option.

"If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity."

I hope this helps.

Jan 21, 2023 7:55 PM in response to njima241

njima241 Said:

"ICloud email: Hi, I am trying to login my email for iCloud but it’s not letting me. The reason is because it’s asking to send a code to my old phone number I don’t use anymore. Is there any other alternative as to how this can be resolved? Would gladly like to get solutions to fix the issue."

-------

Changing the Phone Number:

Sounds like you may need to add a Trusted Device.

1. Go here: Manage Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add another device as a trusted device

To Get the Phone Number Changed...

Contact Apple Support: Ask the Apple Rep to modify it over the phone. If permitted to do so, then inform to modify the Phone Number associated to your Apple Account, to what it should be. Important: Perform a Trial & Error login session with the Apple Rep prior to ending the phone call.

Contact ApleSupport. 

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

iCloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.