Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Apple Watch need to be charged every day?

Does the latest Apple Watch need to be charged every day?

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 3:54 AM

well they sure warn you about letting it get low in % is very bad for the battery

About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later - Apple

Support

and iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

and Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

8 replies

Jan 26, 2023 12:12 PM in response to RQHock

Here you go. Here is how Apple rates the battery on Apple Watch. All watches, with the exception of Apple Watch Ultra are rated up to 18 hours. Apple Watch Ultra is rated up to 36 hours.

I own Apple Watch ultra and I still charge my Ultra at night while I sleep. If you purchase any watch other than the Ultra, you will need to charge it every day.

See this --> Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Jan 21, 2023 11:23 PM in response to RQHock

If you intend to use it every day then it needs to be charged every day. The battery is slated to last about 18 hours with normal use.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Does the Apple Watch need to be charged every day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.