Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't see sleep app in apple watch

I want to track deep sleep with my Apple Watch SE. I understand I am to setup track sleep with apple watch in my iphone watch app. When I open the app, I do not see a sleep setting. It is there in my Health app. The data source is set to my phone, but I do not see a way to change it to the apple watch.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 2:06 PM

Wow! It must have got deleted!

From your watch, try to open this link:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sleep/id1505627600

You might need to copy and paste it into a text message to yourself and then open that message from your watch. I don't know, or maybe from inside your emails where these replies are going to.

Maybe you can ask Siri from your watch.

If you can't open the link, go into the app store from your watch and type in Apple Sleep. I just looked it up this way and I had to scroll and scroll to get to it. Just make sure that you find the one by Apple.

When you find it, does it say "Get" or "Open"?

If it says "Get", it's currently not installed on your watch. Pretty weird but it must have got removed somehow.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 2:06 PM in response to karinlr

Wow! It must have got deleted!

From your watch, try to open this link:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sleep/id1505627600

You might need to copy and paste it into a text message to yourself and then open that message from your watch. I don't know, or maybe from inside your emails where these replies are going to.

Maybe you can ask Siri from your watch.

If you can't open the link, go into the app store from your watch and type in Apple Sleep. I just looked it up this way and I had to scroll and scroll to get to it. Just make sure that you find the one by Apple.

When you find it, does it say "Get" or "Open"?

If it says "Get", it's currently not installed on your watch. Pretty weird but it must have got removed somehow.

Jan 24, 2023 6:59 PM in response to karinlr

I clicked on "Sleep". Under "Full Schedule and Options" I had not enabled "Tracked Time in Bed with iPhone" because I thought I was looking for a watch option.

Right!! I'd have probably did the exact same thing!

I'm glad that they got it figured out with you!

Question! On your phone, can you see the "Sleep" app on those lists now (like the two screenshots that I posted)?

Jan 24, 2023 6:52 AM in response to Pilerman

Two more pictures...

***Note: In this forum Sometimes you have to tap "less" and then "more" a couple times in order to see all of the pictures and the whole reply.***

The first one is from inside the Watch app on my phone. This photo is in comparison to the one that you posted the other day. It's the same view and you can see that the Sleep app is there.

The second photo is a screenshot from my watch showing the app list (It's a setting (I prefer the list view vs all of the tiny icons in a big bunch)).

Jan 24, 2023 4:14 AM in response to Pilerman

The app is on the Watch, I just can't change the tracking from the iPhone. When I go to the app store on the watch app on the iPhone, the app store says it must be downloaded from the Watch.

When I open the Sleep App from watch's app store I see the message "Enabled on this Watch. The watch will not get Sleep Tracking or wake -up alarms." At the bottom, it says "Open Settings". If I go to settings, Sleep is not there. I am wondering if sleep tracking is not available on the SE?

Jan 24, 2023 12:30 PM in response to karinlr

I ended up with Apple Support and I found out the problem. (I contacted them because I didn't know how to figure out if I was 1st or 2nd generation.

Anyway, the figured out the problem and hopefully, it will work from now on.

In my health app on the phone, under "browse", I clicked on "Sleep". Under "Full Schedule and Options" I had not enabled "Tracked Time in Bed with iPhone" because I thought I was looking for a watch option. Once I enabled that I was able to click on "Manage sleep in apple watch app"....which then indicated that the "Track Sleep with Apple Watch" was enabled.

Wow, hope it works. Thanks for your help.

I don't see sleep app in apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.