Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lyrics and music on my iPhone

I read a thread from a while ago, and it said turn off sync library and turn it back on, but that did not bring back the lyrics, Or reactivate the lyrics button in the music app. I am a subscriber to Apple Music and I used to always see the lyrics in there and now sadly they disappeared. Frustrating.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you very much.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 6:57 PM

Hello ferdberfel89,

These are the only options available, but might not be possible with Apple Music:

Enter and view lyrics in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

View and enter lyrics in Music on Mac - Apple Support

"If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can view lyrics for the currently playing song, where available.

For other songs, you can enter the lyrics in Music and view them at any time. You can’t add lyrics to some types of files, such as WAV and QuickTime."

Thanks.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 6:57 PM in response to ferdberfel89

Hello ferdberfel89,

These are the only options available, but might not be possible with Apple Music:

Enter and view lyrics in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

View and enter lyrics in Music on Mac - Apple Support

"If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can view lyrics for the currently playing song, where available.

For other songs, you can enter the lyrics in Music and view them at any time. You can’t add lyrics to some types of files, such as WAV and QuickTime."

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2023 5:08 PM in response to ferdberfel89

Hey there ferdberfel89,

Rather than resetting, we'd recommend testing to see if lyrics are available for songs in the Apple Music catalog when you're connected to a different network. Since you're using your iPhone, you can test via cellular data by turning off Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi. Alternatively, if you have a different Wi-Fi network available, you can connect to it using the steps in Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

"Connect to a Wi-Fi network

1. From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
  3. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join. Before you can join the network, you might be asked to enter the network's password or agree to terms and conditions.
  • After you join the network, you'll see a blue checkmark  next to the network and the connected Wi-Fi icon  in the upper corner of your display. If you don't know the password to the Wi-Fi network, contact your network administrator."

If the issue persists after testing on a different network, let's see if you're able to view lyrics for songs on a different device using Apple Music. If you don't have access to a different device with Music or iTunes set up, you can view song lyrics in Apple Music on the web. View song lyrics in Apple Music on the web will walk you through that.

Regards.

Jan 24, 2023 2:39 PM in response to ferdberfel89

Hi ferdberfel89,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue viewing lyrics for songs in the Apple Music app. We'd like to help.

Do you see this happening on all songs you check or just a few? We ask because it's possible that some songs do not have lyrics available. Knowing the specifics of what is missing is helpful.

Then, check to make sure you're following these steps.:

How to see lyrics on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Apple Music app. 
  2. Play a song from the Apple Music catalog.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, tap the song that's playing.
    • To show or hide lyrics, tap Lyrics the Lyrics button at the bottom of your screen. If available, time-synced lyrics will automatically appear on your screen.
    • If time-synced lyrics aren’t available, then you might see the full lyrics for the song instead.

If you still don't see the lyrics, try changing your network connection. Are you currently streaming these songs or are they downloaded for offline play? Let us know if changing the network helps!

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2023 2:44 PM in response to ColleenD1

Hello, and thank you very much for your response. I can’t seem to find a song that has the quote icon enabled anywhere. And this includes songs that I have written and uploaded myself and I thought I had added the lyrics to previously. But I can’t see anything but a gray quote mark at the bottom of everything.

How do I go about resetting my network connection?

Thank you very much again.

Jan 26, 2023 6:49 PM in response to ferdberfel89

Thank you very very much for your response. It does look like I can get lyrics on tunes from Apple Music. Apparently some of the songs that I’ve downloaded (I thought… From Apple Music) do not have lyrics, but I guess not every song has lyrics added to them so, for a final question… I don’t see an option to add lyrics, like for my own tunes. Am I just not looking in the right place?

Thank you again very much.

Lyrics and music on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.