Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac and WiFi router

I am installing a new 24" iMac OS Ventura 13.1 running an M1 chip, and I need to buy and install a WiFi router that works with the iMac. I found out that many WiFi routers work only with iPhone or iPads but there are no apps that can be used with the iMacs. I need help! Any suggestions or advise is very much appreciated. Thanks

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 2:32 PM

6 replies

Jan 22, 2023 2:41 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Is there a preference which router is better compatible with the iMac? If I can get your opinion, I am having a hard time selecting a router. I saw on Amazon a Linksys Mesh Tri-Band AC 3000 WiFi router that is on special today. When I ask the App Store for the app, it comes back with a note saying that the Linksys Model AC3000 is only for iPhones and iPads. I am frustrated and confused. Can you help me out? Thanks

Jan 22, 2023 2:57 PM in response to rbfrank

rbfrank wrote:

Thank you! If I may pick your brain once more: What is Thunderbolt / USB 4 ? Is there a plug or cable that can connect from the USB 4 to a female USB (or female USB-C). I find it very frustrating to have to change my memory sticks or external hard drives to new ones with a Thunderbolt connection.

A search reveals there are many adapters available that meet your requirements:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=thunderbolt+usb4+usbc+adapter

iMac and WiFi router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.