Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit camera becomes non-responsive when trying to view live from one particular iPhone

I recently got a Eufy Indoor Cam 2K and have set it up with Homekit and it works great when monitoring from multiple MacBooks, Apple TVs and iPhones, except for my personal iPhone X (iOS 16.2).

I can view recordings, but as soon as I try to watch the live footage stream I get a loading spinner for about a minute and then it ultimately shows a message saying "No Response, this camera is not responding". There's no options to do anything once I get this message besides exiting. As I said earlier there are no issues on any other devices and I've tried quite a few other Apple devices, just this one particular iPhone.

I've tried rebooting the phone, quitting the app numerous times, uninstalling and reinstalling the Home app. Any ideas or suggestions?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 4:41 PM

5 replies

Jan 24, 2023 4:53 PM in response to dennylouis

Hello dennylouis,

We would like to see how we can help you with your camera not working with the Home app as expected. Please back up and update to our latest iOS, 16.3, and let us know if the issue persists. The steps in this link will walk you through the process: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
  5. The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.
  6. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do."

Cheers!

Homekit camera becomes non-responsive when trying to view live from one particular iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.