You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Pencil charge on iPhone

I have an old Apple Pencil, 1st gen with lightning connector, and trying to figure out how I can charge and test it. All my devices are newer, and my iPad has a USB-C port. Plugged into my iPhone to see if that does anything, but so far, nothing. Is it just useless now?

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 5:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 1:09 AM

The way to charge Apple Pencil (1st generation), see -> Related Article: Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery

⤵️

If you have Apple Pencil (1st generation) and iPad (6th through 9th generations)

Remove the cap and plug your Apple Pencil into the Lightning connector on your iPad. You can also charge with a USB Power Adapter by using the Apple Pencil Charging Adapter that came with your Apple Pencil.

Apple Pencil will fast charge when plugged into either power source.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2023 1:09 AM in response to igirl2020

The way to charge Apple Pencil (1st generation), see -> Related Article: Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery

⤵️

If you have Apple Pencil (1st generation) and iPad (6th through 9th generations)

Remove the cap and plug your Apple Pencil into the Lightning connector on your iPad. You can also charge with a USB Power Adapter by using the Apple Pencil Charging Adapter that came with your Apple Pencil.

Apple Pencil will fast charge when plugged into either power source.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.