Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop homepod remotely

I have 2 homepod mini connected to an Apple TV 4K (2nd generation). Today I left home and forgot to stop the music playing on homepods. Now away from home, I want to stop it, but Home app is showing me this:

As you can see, titles are shown as Playing but the controls said Not Playing, so I can't do anything.

Both homepod and Apple TV are auto update enabled.

What I tried:

• Restart iPhone: not helping. My iPad showing the same thing as the iPhone.

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 4:57 AM

There’s an extra setting for when it turns off. Try the automation. It’s similar. There’s also shortcuts. Unfortunately controlling them in the Home App needs improvement. Mine say playing when they aren’t and vice versa. There’s also a setting to select in the HomePod settings for “when I leave home” . This way you won’t forget . As long as you have locations turned onto, it will know you and your iPhone left.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 4:57 AM in response to hiep101

There’s an extra setting for when it turns off. Try the automation. It’s similar. There’s also shortcuts. Unfortunately controlling them in the Home App needs improvement. Mine say playing when they aren’t and vice versa. There’s also a setting to select in the HomePod settings for “when I leave home” . This way you won’t forget . As long as you have locations turned onto, it will know you and your iPhone left.

Stop homepod remotely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.