Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16.2 and car play

I updated to ios 16.2 and now car play is not working. when I plug my phone in it just keeps searching for my car, but can't find it. I've tried all of the recommendations on other websites. Any ideas?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 5:33 AM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 5:33 AM in response to brian_m_k

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

ios 16.2 and car play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.