Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Temporary number locked into phone (after pac code number transfer)

I recently changed mobile network, but I kept my old number with a Pac code. For now able to use my transferred number but i-Phone now warning that it will soon be removed from I-Phone account. Temporary number still showing on Settings - Phone - My Number, and it won't accept a change to this.

I've seen a similar thread but didn't help in my case.

Any suggestions?

John.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:11 AM

Tried faffing around a bit and seems to be sorted now:-

Settings - Messages - Send & Receive -

Display showed i-Cloud account username (with blue tick) and TEMPORARY mobile number (no blue tick),

Tapped on TEMPORARY mobile number, display then (after a while) updated to show i-Cloud account username (with blue tick) and the (old) mobile number I'm keeping (also with blue tick).

Correct number then displayed in Settings - Phone - My Number.

Happy Days!

Hope this helps you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 7:11 AM in response to WhySoFrustrating

Tried faffing around a bit and seems to be sorted now:-

Settings - Messages - Send & Receive -

Display showed i-Cloud account username (with blue tick) and TEMPORARY mobile number (no blue tick),

Tapped on TEMPORARY mobile number, display then (after a while) updated to show i-Cloud account username (with blue tick) and the (old) mobile number I'm keeping (also with blue tick).

Correct number then displayed in Settings - Phone - My Number.

Happy Days!

Hope this helps you.

Temporary number locked into phone (after pac code number transfer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.