Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change my WiFi password

I changed my wireless password in my router settings. Now I want to change the password on my imac desktop wifi but I can’t find where to update the password. I went to wifi settings but when I click on “advance” i don’t see an opotion to see all the previously connected networks to change the password. I also went to Airport Utility but the screen says “internet disconnected” and don’t allow me to click anywhere. Please help me how I can change my wifi password.

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 8:41 AM

To change the password, forget the network, and connect to it again. It will ask for the password again at that point.

Click on Wi-Fi settings, then click on the (...) icon next to the Wi-Fi strength icon in the list, then click on Network Settings, and then on Forget This Network.

With that done, find the network again, and connect to it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 8:41 AM in response to Claudiagloria00

To change the password, forget the network, and connect to it again. It will ask for the password again at that point.

Click on Wi-Fi settings, then click on the (...) icon next to the Wi-Fi strength icon in the list, then click on Network Settings, and then on Forget This Network.

With that done, find the network again, and connect to it.

Unable to change my WiFi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.