Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam security warning from Apple suppoe

Safari on my iPad appears to have been infected with a scam purporting to be an Apple security warning. How can I get Apple support to fix this?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 8:14 AM

Safari on my iPad appears to have been infected with a scam purporting to be an Apple security warning. A pop up appeared on my iPad informing me that there was a security breach. I was prompted to call Apple help at 805 301-****. I did so and began a conversation with a technician there who wanted to get access to my computer. When I tried to confirm his legitimacy, he said “What the ****?”, so I was pretty sure he was a scammer. Currently I cannot access Safari without the same pop up interfering with my access to the web. Can you (anyone) help me to deal with this situation?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 8:14 AM in response to iPrimate

Safari on my iPad appears to have been infected with a scam purporting to be an Apple security warning. A pop up appeared on my iPad informing me that there was a security breach. I was prompted to call Apple help at 805 301-****. I did so and began a conversation with a technician there who wanted to get access to my computer. When I tried to confirm his legitimacy, he said “What the ****?”, so I was pretty sure he was a scammer. Currently I cannot access Safari without the same pop up interfering with my access to the web. Can you (anyone) help me to deal with this situation?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Scam security warning from Apple suppoe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.